There are many ways that we can know God/understand God/walk with God. God has not left us in the dark regarding these matters. In Romans 1:20, God explains to us through his word, “since the creation of world, His invisible qualities, both his eternal power and divine nature have been clearly seen”
God also warns us in this verse, they are without excuse.
So how can we know God? We will see when reading and meditating on the following, we can know God through many ways.
We can know God through:
- Scripture: (2 Timothy 3:16; Deuteronomy 17:18-19; Luke 4:16; Exodus 17:14; Proverbs 7:3; Revelation 1:11)
- Jesus: Reading the Gospels. Matthew, Mark, Luke & John – (Hebrews 5:7 In his life on earth Jesus made his prayers and requests with loud cries and tears to God, who could save him from death. Because he was humble and devoted, God heard him).
- Prophets: Moses, Abraham Isaiah etc
- Hearing: Deuteronomy 4:10; Luke 11:28; John 10:1-5; Rev 1:3
- Speaking: – Genesis 8:15; Ephesians 5:19; James 1:19; Romans 10:10; James 5:16; 1 John 1:19; 1 John 4:15; 2 Timothy 4:2;
- Touch: Luke 5:13; Luke 6:19; Luke 7:14; Luke 7:39, Luke 8:44-47; Luke 18:15; Luke 22:51
- See: Genesis 1:4; 10;12;18;21;25;31; Psalm 34:8; Luke 11:34;36
- Praying: Genesis 20:17; 1 Samuel 2:1; Isaiah37:15; Daniel 9:4; Matthew 26:39-44;
- Meditation: Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:2; Psalm 77:12
- Creation: Exodus 20:11; Job 39:1-2; Psalm 19:1
- Walk: Genesis 5:22; 24
- Suffering: Job 42:5; Hebrews 5:8; 1 Peter 2:21
- Music: Psalm 104:33; 1 Corinthians 14:15
- Speaking in Tongues: 1 Corinthians 14:2
These are some of the ways that we can know God, of course there may be many other ways, which I have not mentioned, but the above can give us an idea how a person may know and walk with God.
Some people can know God through music, spiritual songs, singing with joyful melodies, throughout the day, praising; making music to Him, while others can know God through speaking or writing about Him.
Through each highlighted section above, we can see how a person, may know God.